Difficulty in swallowing food. Suffering from Schatzki ring dilation. How to get treated?

My 89 year old father seems to be experiencing a partial blockage of food (steak) from what I believe is a schatzki ring dilation, something I have been treated for myself. He is drinking water and then urping it back up to disperse the blockage but this has now been going on for hours. Breathing is a not a problem. What advice can you offer in getting through this episode? Right now we are just trying to ride it out. Thanks, Ken
Asked On : Thu, 5 Jul 2012