Difficulty in straightening arm, severe pain on trying to extend. Reason?

Ever since I woke up this morning, I haven t been able to make my right arm go out straight. It hurts too much! At first it almost felt like it needed to be cracked, so I tried to straighten my arm out only to find out it hurt, a lot! I pushed aside the pain for a moment and tried to crack it, but nothing happened, just my elbow hurt even more. I went to bed last night perfectly fine, woke up and, um, ouch! I m just a 15 year old girl, so why on earth is this happening?! This has been going on for about twelve hours now, and I took some anti-inflammatory meds to hopefully calm the pain if it were an irritated muscle or ligament , but to no avail. I don t have access to the urgent care center for another hour and a half or so, so basically I ve just been trying to stick it out all day. It is effecting my school work, because it hurts my elbow to write, or extend my arm to the keyboard to type. Even just sitting here, I still feel pain. I thought about it, and there might be a couple contributing factors, although I m not sure. 1.) I play a lot of handheld video games. But this pain isn t the same as, oh, I ve had my arm in this position for too long. I ve had that before, and all I have to do is move around a little, and I m fine. It hurts horribly to move it around. 2.) When I was 4, ( a year and a decade ago ) I broke my arm, right on the tip of my elbow with a hairline fracture , & that is where it hurts. It also hurts on the inside as well though.
Asked On : Fri, 14 Dec 2012