Difficulty in sleeping at night, thigh pain, heavy legs. Taking magnesium citrate. Suggestions?

I am 67 years of age and I have a difficult time sleeping at night. Just as soon as I lie down and try to sleep I start getting thigh pain on the side that I am sleeping on, then as soon as I switch sides the pain starts on that side. I toss and turn all night long and do not ever get a good nights rest. When I get up out of bed my legs feel very heavy from the knees down and I feel a lot of pain on my shins. Once I start walking around I feel no more pain, until I decide to sit for lunch or dinner and upon getting up I have difficulty again until I walk around again. I have been taking magnesium citrate but it does not seem to help. I hope you can suggest something for me.
Asked On : Thu, 10 Oct 2013
Welcome to HCM.
Only mag.citrate is not enough at this stage rather i would suggest proper investigations like complete arthritic profile.
You have to take b12,calcium,minerals and other vitamin supplement under guidance of your physician.
Also check for s.uric acid level to confirm the gout pain.
Certain recent safe medicine is available now for gout.
Orthopedician consultation is must for proper medical management.