Difficulty in sleeping and breathing due to swelling in throat. Reason?

I have swelling in my throat for the last few of days, which makes it difficult to breathe & sleep normally. I m not short of breath or light-headed--it s just uncomfortable. My throat isn t sore or red, and my tonsils aren t swollen. I thought it was perhaps a reaction to chocolate, because I had been eating chocolate right before bed, but I didn t eat any last night and am still having this problem. I m otherwise healthy except for seasonal outdoor allergies, which normally affect my sinuses and eyes. I ve recently gained 5 lbs and have been eating more sugar than normal--could either of those be related?
Asked On : Thu, 14 Jun 2012