Hello and welcome to HCM
Inorder to maintain your weight you need life style modification.
Don,t go for crash diet
courses because there is rapid weight gain as soon as the crash course is over.
1. First and foremost, start exercising regularly. You should begin with aerobic exercises
. Initially lighter ones. Do not try to turn and twist as it is likely to injure your muscles and ligaments.
2. Include lot of fruits and raw vegetables like salads in your diet.
3. Take plenty of fluids like fresh fruit juices and soups regularly.
4. Avoid fast food and food rich in carbohydrates and sugars.
5. Avoid saturated fats which are present in coconut oil, palm oil, ghee and butter.
6. Replace saturated fats with unsaturated fats like safflower oil, sunflowr oil, soyabean oil and cotton seed oil.
7. If you are non-veg avoid red meat. Include fish in your diet. It is rich in omega 3 fatty acid which is good for the cardiovascular syatem.
8. Never miss your breakfast. Take good breakfast. Keep your dinner light. Take a stroll after dinner. There should be atleast 2 hours gap between dinner and going to bed.
9. Avoid alcohol and smoking
10. Take smaller meals more often.
11. Take care of your vitamin and mineral needs. Take supplements in case deficiency is present.
Try to stick to this regime. Weight reduction will take some time, But it will be more sustained.
Thank you and take care
Dr Shailja P Wahal