Difficulty in passing urine, burning after urination. Prostrate diagnosed as BPH. Surgery advised. Taking urifast, vesigard and flotral. Any other options?

I have been suffering from urinating problem for last two years. The reports of various tests such as ultrasound & urine routine/culture are normal. Prostrate is diagnosed as BPH but as per ultrasound report the size of prostrate is normal. I feel difficulty to void urine and after passing urine for some time feel burning like the chilli is poured in a wound. I usually take a lot of water and go the pass urine in half an hour interval. My age is 51 year. The Uroflow report shows 9ml per second as the normal flow is 12ml per secone. The doctor to whom I have been visiting for treatment has advised me for operation. Medicines which I have taken or have been taking flotral 10mg present intake of medicines are alfoo 10mg,vesigard and urifast once a day but still continuously feeling a slight burning in urinary tract . Kindly advise me whether operation is a last solution of this illness or other medicines will be helpful for this. Uroflow is some time dual stream or scattered way in drops and some time in full pressure. When it voided in full pressure I feel relex.
Asked On : Thu, 2 Aug 2012