Difficulty in passing urine. Moderate Prostatomegaly and bowel gases. Is it curable through medicine?

Hello Sir, My father is 77 yrs old and had problems regarding passing the urine . After conducting the USG it was mentioned its Moderate Prostatomegaly and Excessive bowel gases. Prostate measures 4.7cm X 4.9 cm X 4.9cm approx. 60gms. Please advice if the treatment is possible through medication or without surgery. If surgery is the only option then which is the better way and how much financially would it cost so that i can prepare for the same. Thank you. Abhishek D
Asked On : Sun, 2 Dec 2012