Difficulty in opening mouth, stabbing jaw pain extending to ear, neck tension post wisdom tooth extraction. Cause?

I had three wisdom teeth extracted alittle over a week ago. And it hurts to open my mouth and on my lower left side of my mouth i have stabbing aching pain in my jaw that goes up into my ear and also is causing me to have tension in my neck. Pain meds are not helping they just make me sleepy but the pain stays. I went back to the dentist to have them look at it and they took an xray of my lower left side where they extracted the tooth and they said that it doesn t look like i have a infection or dry socket. So what could be causing such horrible pain in my jaw?
Asked On : Thu, 13 Dec 2012