Difficulty in opening and closing mouth post articular eminence surgery, using dentures and implants with abutments. Any remedy?

My Mom has TMJ and had surgery she had the articular eminence surgery. ! month post op and she still spasms open and cannot chew the minute she opens her mouth a slight but it widens and cannot open and close her mouth at all she tries but it is very hard and painful. She wear dentures on top and impants with abutments on the bottom. They have prescribed valum and felxeral but her body is immune to it. Is there anything that can be done for the muscle spasms? Will she ever be able to use her mouth to open and close ? She cannot control the jaw. Help me Im so stressed out.
Asked On : Fri, 14 Dec 2012