Difficulty in opening and closing eyes, feeling like something struck, small white dot in iris. Eye infection?

I just happened to wake up from a nap and my right eye was incredibly irritated. I thought it was just a normal dry-eye case, but no amount of eyedrops nor contact solution seemed to help. It's painful to close and open my eye, and it feels like something is stuck in it. I looked closer and saw a small white dot in the upper right of my iris. My guess is that I got an eye infection? I'd appreciate your thoughts.
Asked On : Sat, 27 Apr 2013