Difficulty in lifting foot, foot drop after vaginal delivery. MRI showed disc herniation, have lower back pain, weakness in knees. Normal?

Hi, I recently had a baby, June 5th 2012, a csection had been scheduled later that day as my previous baby had to be delivered csection for failure to descend, however the baby came early that morning, and i delivered him was not a long labor, 2 hours at most. i pushed while on my back, and did have my legs in stirrups, not sure how long. After the anesthesia/ epidural wore off, I no longer could lift my foot, foot drop . An mri revealed a disc herniation at L4L5. The foot drop has greatly improved and is mostly gone. However, now it appears i have more low back pain and weakness inthe kness. Is this a normal progression of recvering footdrop.
Asked On : Wed, 12 Sep 2012