Difficulty in hearing after using drops for wax removal, mostly the lower pitch. Is it worrisome?

2weeks ago the doctor gave my daughter some drops for her ears. This was so the wax in her ears an loosen up and make it s way out of her ear. Things seemed fine, then two days ago she started saying she could not hear properly. The tv volume needs to be turned up to number 19. I make sure that I am looking straight at her when I talk to her. I also noticed that it is the lower pitch that she can t seem to hear. I am concerned it may get worse over the bank holiday , although I do have an appointment for Wednesday with the doctor.
Asked On : Wed, 6 Jun 2012
ENT Specialist 's  Response

I understand the concern you have regarding your daughter's hearing. If the Dr who saw her ear said it was just wax and he gave drops to soften it, then Dr has done the right thing. These drops make the wax swell up and completely closes the ear canal like a peanut which swells on exposure to water. Hence the reason for deterioration in her hearing. Continue to use the drops till u meet the Dr who will remove the wax. If there is any other concern despite was removal I'm sure it will be addressed.

I hope you found my response to be helpful and informative. If you have any additional concerns I would be happy to address them.

Dr Divya