Difficulty in getting sleeping at night causing waking problems, tiredness, weight gain. Family history of thyroid. What can be done?

Ok bro lets see if you can actually help me. First problem is i can t get to sleep at night and it takes forever to fall asleep and i can t wake up in the morning, it like honestly kills me to get up, my heart feel tired and i don t want to move. Im 17 and female by the way. also i gained like ten pounds randomly and was retaining a ton of fluid which i believe is now gone. there is a history of thyriod problems in my family so maybe that?? i don t wanna go back to the dumb doctor in town so they can tell me they can t do anything that so annoying, anyway your helps would be much appreciated!!!!
Asked On : Fri, 8 Jun 2012