Difficulty in eating small food particles, pieces enter nasal area, got struck, couldn't eat or swallow or blow out, no relief with neti pot. Solution?

I have often had problems where when I eat small food like ground beef, particles will go into my nose . I can usually cough or blow them back out again. Yesterday I was eating rice, and a piece of rice went up into my nasal area. I could not blow this rice out or cough it out or swallow it no matter how hard I tried. I looked online to see how I could get this rice out of my nasal cavity or where ever it is lodge and I read about neti pots. I bough a neti pot last night and used it twice and I still have this strange feeling in my nose and upper mouth area. I feel a strange ness when I swallow. I do not have great insurance so I really would like to try and deal with this at home instead of going to a doctor. I am not sure where this rice is inside me and why it did not come out with the use of the neti pot. The roof of my mouth and front of my throat feels strange when i swallow, and I can tell that something is unusual since that rice went into the wrong hole. Please if you have any advice for me that would be great.
Asked On : Sat, 11 Aug 2012