Difficulty in deep breathing, cough, runny nose and fatigue. High fever. Sound in the chest while exhaling. Need treatment?

I have been having difficulty breathing deeply, a semi productive cough , aches/fever, runny nose and fatigue for about 6-8 weeks now. Last night, my fever spiked and I woke up delirious. My family took me to the emergency room and they did a ct scan and chest X-rays. They took blood samples and ran tests. They said everything was normal. A little congestion in my chest, fluid in my ears, and irritated throat. My question is this: I cannot breathe deeply, I hear a fizzing sound in my chest when I exhale, and my head feels like it is going to explode; should I see another doctor? The attending er physician refused to give me a shot or prescription because he wanted me to spend the night in the hospital. I cannot afford an overnight stay, so I had to leave. Is there something wrong with me or am I just overreacting to a cold?
Asked On : Fri, 4 Jan 2013