Difficulty in conception, had menorrhagia followed by missed periods, negative pregnancy test. Reason?

Hi, I had been suffering from menorrhagia since October 2011, with heavy menstrual bleeding lasted for an average of 15-20 days every month. suddenly, it stopped and I have no periods since 40 days. What could be the reason for this? I have been getting back pain regularly since last one week and we are in the planning process of 2nd baby. When I got my home pregnancy test around one week back, it came negative. What could be the reason of my problem?
Asked On : Wed, 27 Jun 2012