Difficulty in concentration. what can be done for this ?

previously i was a good student in my school, i used to top in all exams, as i came to metric my performance also went down, i became second class student, i want to study but i am not able to sit at one place and study, what can be done for this?
Asked On : Wed, 16 Sep 2009
  Anonymous's Response

Hello joerg.

I would like you to write down on paper, your areas of interest, your aims for the next exams and your study schedule. Once you have done that, please paste these papers on a wall, or keep them at a place where you can see them often. 

And now, it's time to find out why you are not able to concentrate. As mentioned in one of the replies, there could be various reasons why your concentration is not up to the mark. 

Find out what your ideas are about the exams you are preparing now. Did you always wanted to top all exams? Do your parents, other family members or friends desperately want you to top this exam, too? Are you looking for a guarantee of a good performance given your background of good academic career? 

You could be carrying an underlying depression. It could even be an excessive anxiety about future (in general) and the exams (in particular). 

Also find out if you have the problem of not being able to concentrate, in other areas of your life, too? Like playing, watching an interesting TV show, etc. 

Get back here for any further queries. 

All the best. 

Dr Abhijeet Deshmukh, MD

Consultant Psychiatrist

Keshav Hospital, Nagpur

Mobile: +91-9323998099

Pediatrician Dr. Hemanth Kumar's  Response
hello joerg,
do you think the lack of interest is to do with the subjects your having now ?
try finding the root cause to your present predacament, is it something your aware of ? peer pressure , or another pupil in your class ,?
try making your subjects interesting,
1.make a list of to do activites each day which includes your favourite hobbies so your studying doesnt get monotonous
2. make colourfull charts and post them on your wall,
have a session of discussion with your good students of your class im pretty sure they ll have something to contribute
3.make sure you read everyday what has been thought in your class , and after a subject or a particular topic has been read ,dont forget to revise twice ,and make sure one revision is written on a paper ,in that way the information is stored well in your memory
4.consult your teachers about the subjects and doubts if u may have
5.least of all remember never ever think that one is incapable of climbing higher ,patterns are set by humans just like us ,and its very easy to aquire one such pattern..hard work is the key to unlock...

Ther are various reason for this, you need to take good food, involve in some sports. DO yoga and meditation this will help you to increase teh concentration. Donot get distractions in love and all

Simple dear, just follow these: try to focus on one thing at a time, study in one fixed place, if you feeel something is not getting into head then change th subject, and take a break after every 2 hours or so, listen to music or call up freind.

oh even i have this problem ..but it is conecntration is increased after enering into puc...i dint do anything extra..i dint eat anything girlfriend i told i will accept only if u study well i will accept u..thats y my concentraion increased..uu also fall in love...u will get concentration