Difficulty concentrating, unable to focus, unable to study. Tips to improve condition?

Sir, i am hard working guy in my inter and degree. i got university 3rd rank in degree also with 94%. 6 years back i got a job in postal department. From there onwards i did not pick the book and not even read any books. Now, i am preparing for the GROUPS. Now, when i am going to read, my body was not cooperated me and not even sit for atleast one hour. my mind was almost full of departmental work. Give me suggestion how my mind was to be changed and tell me the tips or give me suggestions to consult any doctors.
Asked On : Sat, 31 Mar 2012
Dentist, Periodontics 's  Response
Thanks for the concern
its good you are a brilliant student and a topper always. that means you having capacity to come to that level, you just need will power and a bit of oriation towads your goal.try follow few tips:
Leave the work tension should to restricted to your working hours at office.
dont ever carry deparatment things back home.
your timing other than office should be for reading.
Start doing Meditation daily for few mins this helps alot to stabilize the mind and increases concentration.
Go for fresh air walk early in the morning this refreshes your mind and body.
Always Remember that you can do it.
If you get free time at office dont waste ,keep a book and try to read.
Have confidence on your self.go ahead surely you will reach your goal.
all the best
hi amar
welcome to HCM
you dont need to consult any doctor. its not a disease. its just a physiological response of your mind and body - to study !!! you did not read since last 6 years so it is natural that your concentration lacks. the same would happen to me also if i do so.

what you need to do is to make your determination strong and try harder to sit and read (concentrating) as much as you can. soon you will feel like back to school and i m sure you will reach the target. you can initially start with subjects/topics u like.
best of luck.