Difficulty conceiving, had pregnancy test and scan, PCOS detected, given susten. Drug effects on pregnancy?

Hi, I have been married for 8 Months and not conceived yet, LMP happened 40 days before and home pregnancy test showed negative result. I had consulted doctor and scan report says that i have PCOS and Doctor adviced to take susten 200mg twice a day for 3 days. After taking this pill, I m feeling like vomiting , severe dizziness and body paining. is this normal? are there any side effects? will i get my period after taking this pill? or if i suppose get conceived during this time, will it not affect the same?
Asked On : Wed, 16 May 2012
May 2013
PCOS is poly cystic ovarian disease which is characterized by irregular periods, anovulation, amenorrhea in some women.
Your amenorrhea can be attributed to PCOS.
Your doctor given you Susten, Progesterone tablets to cause withdrawal bleeding. Once you get withdrawal bleeding she will keep you on ovulation induction drugs and insulin sensitizers which will help in treating menstrual irregularities and infertility due to PCOS.
Nausea, heaviness of the body etc are side effects of progesterone, they will subside usually. But if they are not getting relieved with medicines and getting worse better to visit your doctor and ask to change the drug.
take care