Difficulty breathing while eating, blood and white strings in stool. Have heart problems. Solution?

My dad -83 yrs old, has been complaining for over a month that when he eats he can't breathe and is eating very little several times a day now. Two weeks ago he said he has little drops of blood in his stool- gp told him that it is a result of constipation and straining. for the last week he has had little white strings in his stool with what looks like white dirt he says. He has hert problems and takes medication for that - blood thinners. He has been in Miami for the last 5 months and eats lots of fish and fresh salad. What does this sound like to you and what would be a solution?.
Asked On : Fri, 5 Apr 2013