Difficulty breathing, have muscle skeleton issues, upper body tension. Reason?

Having difficulty breathing. I’ve been to the ER and my health is perfect. (Perfect heart, lungs and blood work). I was diagnosed with muscle-skeleton issues. My upper body is always tight due to tension from sitting at a desk all day. I’ve been seeing a chiropractor and a massage therapist and I am feeling 80% better. I still have breathing issues, but not as bad as they were. I still have tension in my upper body (neck, arms, shoulders and upper back). My chest is in constant spasm. I’ve noticed that carrying bags, pocket book, groceries, etc. makes it difficult to breathe. Also, typing makes it difficult to breathe. The breathing issue feels like it is coming from my chest muscles.

I feel like I am going crazy! I am very active and lift weights on a regular basis, but have stopped since this breathing thing developed. Is it possible that I have a chest injury that is causing the breathing or do you think this is all muscle related? I do not have any pain anywhere. This is very scary.

Thank you.
Asked On : Thu, 18 Apr 2013