Difficulty breathing during sleep, dryness in throat. Treatment ?

Hello doctor .actually my mother have a problem of difficulty of breathing during middle of her sleep.and she used to wake up suddendly after she is unable to breathe continuous and also before such shorthness of breath she also face sore throat as her throat becomes dry each time creating difficulty in breathing.her age is 45 yrs and also have some problem in throat during night time so please reccomend me the medicine and dygnosis and tretment of such problem and its cause.hope for your positive response.thank you!!!
Asked On : Thu, 14 Feb 2013