Difficult to swallow. Barium swallow report normal, put on Nexium, discomfort below breasts. GERD ?

I am a twenty-three year old female. On Nov. 3, I started having issues of not being ablle to swallow properly. It was difficult, and I felt like the food got stuck. Saw a dcotr and I had a barium swallow done that came back normal. I was put on Nexium 40 mg once a day. I ve had some mild discomfort in the area right below my breasts. Could I have GERD . Also, I am scheduled to see a GI doctor Dec. 19.
Asked On : Wed, 5 Dec 2012