Difficult bowel movements, mucus discharge. Anything to be concerned about?

I am 19 years old, and I have been having trouble having a bowel movement , it feels as if I have to go, but I just can t seem to get anything out, I don t have an upset stomach or anything, my anus seems very tight, maybe even swelled up inside, and has a slight mucus like substance when I wipe. it has been this way for 5 days or so now. My anus doesn t really hurt anymore, but it did at first for awhile even when I would just sit down. Pain now is only when I try to have a bowel movement and cant. is this something I shoudl be worried about? Is there something I can do? thank you.
Asked On : Mon, 18 Mar 2013