welcome to healthcaremagic
Daily Diet habit for Psoriasis
A – DIET
I. Fast on fruit or vegetable juices for 5 to 7 days. Use warm water enema
daily during this period.
II. Thereafter, the following diet may be adopted:-
1. Upon arising: 25 black raisins soaked overnight in water along with water in which they are soaked as well as water kept overnight in a copper vessel.
2. Breakfast: Fresh fruits and a glass of buttermilk.
3. Lunch: A bowl of freshly-prepared steamed vegetables, two or three whole wheat chappatis and a glass of buttermilk.
4. Mid-afternoon: Coconut water.
5. Dinner: Fresh green vegetable salad, and green gram bean sprouts with lime juice dressing.
Note: After noticeable improvement, add milk and home¬made cottage cheese to the diet. Repeat juice fast for shorter periods, at monthly intervals.
AVOID: Animal fats, refined or processed foods and foods containing hydrogenated fats or white sugar, condiments, tea, coffee, alcohol and tobacco.
B - OTHER MEASURES
1. Hot Epsom-salts baths twice a week. Also bathe affected parts in hot water mixed with Epsom salt once a day.
2. Take sea-water bath. Also apply sea water externally over affected parts with a cotton ball once a day.
3. Sun baths and regular exercises in fresh air.
4. Avoid too frequent baths and do not use soap.
5. Yogasanas like padmasana, ekpaduttanasana, yoga mudra and shavasana. can be followed