Diet for Diabetics type 1, please suggest me

my 3 years old baby is detected with type 1 biabetes i want to know about proper diet to given in details
Asked On : Thu, 10 Dec 2009
Be regular with babies diet. As it would be very tricky to handle babies blood sugar. Start baby on insulin it is a must.

Balanced, healthy diet is the key.
  Anonymous's Response

All people with diabetes should eat a good balanced diet. AVoid bread, cereals, potatoes, pasta, rice etc which contain lot of carbohydrates/starch. In Type 1 diabetes body no longer produces insulin so insulin supplimentation is a must. Follow up regularly for dose adjustments as the baby grows. Consistently eating at the same times every day is important.