Diet and medicine during pregnancy to avoid nausea

I am pregnant and having too much nausea problem from last two days what thgs should i eat and pls tell me medicine also
Asked On : Tue, 28 Feb 2012

Thanks for posting your query. It is normal to have some nausea during the first trimester. Here are some tips that might help you. Try eating snacks in between meals as sometimes low blood sugar can cause nausea. Avoid those foods whose aroma triggers nausea. Avoid oily foods. Dry snacks like marie or arrowroot biscuits help. After-dinner late night snack helps decrease nausea in the morning.

Drink plenty of fluids. Sucking on lime or orange candy helps some people.

There are certain drugs like doxyllamine plus pyridoxine that are used in severe cases of nausea and vomiting. This is a prescription medicine and the dose will be individualized for you by your gynecologist.

Wishing you good health