Diet after lapscopic surgery for galstone

Recently I had a lapscopic surgery for galstone.

I would like to know the kind of diet  I need to follow. and also the post operative precautions  to be taken.

Asked On : Mon, 6 Sep 2010
Dietitian & Nutritionist 's  Response
Welcome to Healthcare Magic

Most important rule you should follow after surgery is to limit your intake of dietary fat. Avoid all fried, fatty and fast foods. You can take small amounts of avocados and nuts. Avoid taking red meat, processed foods, high-fat salad dressings and full-fat dairy products. It is often suggested that you limit the use of oil to about 2 to 3 tsp per day.
Your diet should include plenty of fruits and vegetables. While most fruits and vegetables will help your digestion, citrus fruits such as oranges or lemons contain acids that may disrupt and irritate your stomach.Some of the most fiber-filled fruits include raspberries, pears, apples and figs. The vegetables with the highest fiber count include cooked artichokes, cooked peas, boiled broccoli and boiled turnip greens. Other high-fiber foods include whole-wheat pastas, oatmeal, black beans and cooked split peas and lentils. Aim to eat a small meal every 2 to 3 hours, totaling about six small meals by the end of the day.