Did the Doctor prescribe me wrongly with medroxyprogesterone ?

Hi, I went to a doctor hoping I could get Norethisterone tablets as I heard it would stop my period, because I was going to get my period at an inconvenient time. Instead he gave me medroxyprogesterone and said it would shorten and lighten my period. I took one tablet twice a day when I got my period like he said. On the 4th day it become fairly lightish, so i stopped taking them, in total i took about 8. So I thought it was going to be finished. but now its been 9 days and its still going. Mine usually last 7 days max. I googled and it says medroxyprogesterone is used to make people have their periods who cant get them. When will my period finish (ive been off the tablets for 4 days ish and did the Doctor prescribe me wrongly with medroxyprogesterone ? Its really annoying and inconvenient!
Asked On : Wed, 30 Jun 2010