Did physical therapy for bulging disc in lumbar. Sciatic pain on both sides of the body. MRI shows central disc protrusion. What does it mean?

About 10 years ago I was diagnosed with a bulging disc in my lumbar , I went to physical therapy and the pain I was experiencing went away. However in the past three years I ve been having horrible sciatica pain in both my right and left sides. I ve done physical therapy with no avail which lead for my general doctor to have me get new imaging. My results of MRI showed that I have disc generation with small central disc protrusion indenting ventral thecal sac at L5-S1. What does this mean?
Asked On : Fri, 11 Jan 2013