Did not bleed after first sexual intercourse, have done severe physical activities throughout life. What does that imply?

dear dr ada,.. i am a newly wed me and my husband during the first night of our honeymoon we have sexual intercourse and it is my first time to had sexual intercourse but i didnt bleed i know that i am a virgin because i didt involve in any sexual activity and i am preserving it until im married but i was shock because i heard that when you are a virgin it will bleed. but i saw my husbands penis have slight blood like a drop of blood and our bedding just like 3ml of blood but was not bleeding and my husband was still doubting if i am virgin or not because he is remarried to me because he was divorce he had an sexual experience to a virgin ex wife before who is a virgin and according to him she was bleeding so much but me i am not bleeding....it cause me insecurity and depression . I know that i am very athletic type of person i did Police training excercise and strenous activity like biking,hiking,jogging,and plenty of excercise everyday....i dont know what happen in my body i was totally shock doctor!!please help me to understand does all women bleed after losing there virginity?and furthermore during my first time with my husband it was so painful and i was struggling because its so pain and after i got a fever as well is that also a syptom that i just lost my virginity.. can you explain me more about womens virginity how it is lost and why i am not bleeding on my first time?thank you doctor it will be a big help to me your answer because i am very insecure and depress about it........sincerly yours gretchen
Asked On : Mon, 29 Oct 2012