Did my circumcision. Sutures on the dorsum have ripped through the skin. Have pain now, have discharges. Time to heal?

Hi Chandan,

I'm a 24 year old male circumcised 9 days ago. Think one or two of the sutures on the dorsum have ripped through the skin so there is some pain around that area, and generally some discharge from there and other sutures (which seems to be non-purulent). Otherwise healing appears to be going well.

Should I worry about those sutures or will that area just take longer to heal?
Is the discharge a normal part of wound healing and how long can I expect it to go on for?

Thanks,

R
Asked On : Mon, 1 Jul 2013