Did mandibular tori. Surgery done. Cut caused by intubated. Eating irritates. Taking ibuprofen. Cure for symptoms

I have two large mandibular tori (and a palatal tori, too). I had surgery two weeks ago, and got a long cut (more like a long, deep gouge) along one of the mandibular tori from being intubated. The cut has slowly been healing with white granulating tissue being replaced with pink gum tissue, though it has not completely healed yet. I've been trying not to chew on that side, as eating irritates the cut.

My jaw has been aching on that side the last couple of days. I went back to work recently and have to talk a lot (customer service), and I wondered if that has made the gum and jaw swollen. My bite feels a bit off on that side and the teeth ache if I apply pressure, though were not damaged as far as I can tell. I've been trying salt water rinses and a topical anesthetic for canker sores, and taking ibuprofen for the pain.

Should I be concerned about the jaw ache? Is it likely to be local inflammation from the cut healing?
Asked On : Wed, 24 Apr 2013