Did a spermogram test. What does it tell? Medication?

Dear Doctor, i am a new married person,aged 42 years old, 2 days ago I did a spermogram test, I waited 3 days without making any sexual relation then i did this test.the result is the following: Volume: 4 ph: 8 Viscosity: Viscous Count: 10.0000 pus cell: 1-2/f RBC: Nil Motility Test: after 1/2hour: QSM%: 15 Mobile%: 35 Sluggish%: 15 Immobile%: 35%. Dear Doctor please suggest if i can bring a child or no, and if you have any medicine to help me. Best regards Ondello Raldini
Asked On : Fri, 21 Sep 2012
Sep 2012
Hi, welcome to HCM I am Dr Das
What is the total count? 1 million? It is very very lower than accepted level (20 million /ml as per WHO 1999 ).
Now coming to the other parts, amount is ok, reaction, vicinity all are normal. Absence of pus cells and rbcs indicate absence of any infection. I did not understand the meaning of qsm . But i think the motility is within normal limit .
From this report it will be impractical to prescribe any drug.
First, you have to do a thorough hormonal study including lh and fsh . Then treatment method will be decided.