Diarrhea, zerolac diet, greenish stool, constipation. Suggest treatment?

Hi, My son got diarrhoea ( greenish watery mucusy stools passing 1 tablespoon level 7-8 times a day) at 3 months 15 days and he was on breast feed only. Gave walamycin for diarrhoea, zinc, probiotic and the condition didn t improve. The situation continued for 21 days. wt gain was only 40gs in 20 days. Stool culture showed -ve and reducing substance was coming as present (+) 1%. Eliminated diary products from my diet. No improvement. Started 4:2 breast milk and zerolac. No improvement. For the past 10 days he is off from breast milk and on exclusive zerolac diet. Now the stools are greenish/brown constipated stools and the frequency is twice or thrice a day. Is this normal? Did I do the right thing by stopping the breast milk. Wt gain is there now. Still reducing substance test is coming as Positive. How long will it take to over come this secondary lactose intolerance. Will he come out of zerolac diet and when should i start re introducing breast milk to him. He is 4 months 10 days now.
Asked On : Mon, 18 Mar 2013