Diarrhea, wheezing, high temperature, tonsillitis. Taken ibuprofen, paracetamol. Suggest?

My 2 yr old son has been prescribed penicillin for tonsillitis 3 days ago. He seems to be getting worse. His temperature was above 40 celcius for most of last night. He is coughing continuously, wheezing intermittently, has diarrhoea and is generally v.unwell. His temperature responded to paracetamol & ibuprofen but is remained above 38 degrees. There is no rash at present. Is this normal for tonsillitis? Could he sensitive to the antibiotics? He did seem to improve a little after I tried him with an antihistamine.
Asked On : Sat, 23 Feb 2013