Diarrhea, mild headaches post intake of Gluformin for diabetes. Colonoscopy showed thickness of rectum and allergy to Metcormin, prescribed Glimestar. Side effects?

I am a diabetic for the past3-4yrs[slightly above normal] and have been taking Gluformin XL500[twice a day]. I started with frequent bouts of diaherrea and mild headaches ,the later occasionally for a year,so I visited the gasteroentrologist, I underwent a colonoscopy and the Gastero doc found that I had thickness of the rectum and felt I was allergic to Metformin as well,so suggested I change the diabetic tabs. I have now been prescribed Glimestar,once a day. I wanted to know the side effects of this drug.
Asked On : Sun, 6 May 2012