Diarrhea, constipation, blood in stools, coccyx, gas. Wants to do colonoscopy. Family history of pancreatic cancer. Treatment for symptoms?

For five weeks I have had an upset stomach, it ranges from mild to painful. In that time I have had bouts of diarreah , constipation and normal movements. I had three occasions where a very small amount of blood (just a few traces - bright cherry red) were on toilet tissue . Other symptoms are a painful coccyx on occasion, gas - both ends, and a dull discomfort in my lower abdomen. No nausea or vomiting. I saw my family doctor who was dismissive but my fathers family including dad, have a history of cancer (he passed 19 years ago this month with cancer of the pancreas ). The doctor said I should get a colonoscopy but the hospital has delayed this to have a verbal consultation. Im a non smoker 15 and dont drink more than ten units per year.
Asked On : Wed, 4 Jul 2012