Diarrhea, blood cells. Having reversal of ileostomy. Had cancer of a polyp in rectum. Suggest?

I am 9 days post op having had reversal of my ileostomy. I had a cancer of a polyp next to the top of the rectum . A small piece of the top of the rectum was removed with about 6 inches of colon due to the fact it had benign polyps and the surgeon did not want to leave this piece of colon. I am well in myself but experience very loose motions about 2/3 times a day plus blood +++. I am really frightened that the scaring is breaking down in the rectal area with the bowel movements. I sometimes wish I had not had this reversal op as I have no councellor or advice on what to do. I am 67 yrs.
Asked On : Sat, 23 Feb 2013