Diarrhea after gallbladder surgery. Have IBS. No improvement with medication. Is it normal?

Hi - I had gallbladder surgery done on 12-20-12. Have had bile diarreah 3 days after surgery. Have taken cholestraymine powder 2x a day since 1-4-13 & it hasn t binded me. Still having bowel probs. I also have IBS prior to surgery everything was fine,no flare ups. Went to see my GI dr on 1-14-13 & gave Bentyl 3x a day to take before meal & to stick to low fat diet. Thinks my IBS is playing a role in this. Still have diarreah in the am & concerned that the cholestramine isn t working. Haven t returned to work yet due to problem with an immediate urge to go to the bathroom. Called Gi back today & was told only take powder stuff 1x a day in am, bentyl 3x a day & immodium 30 minutes after meal, Is this normal what i m experiencing. Also concerned as I was due to go to work next Monday & unsure if I should take another week off to see if D stops or improves.
Asked On : Sun, 20 Jan 2013