Dianogsted with type 2 diabetes, kindly help me

shes 8 and she was just dianogsted with type 2 diabetes ..I am so nervous, is she gonna die whats gonna happen to her ? please answer
Asked On : Sun, 20 Dec 2009
Hi. She might have been diagnosed with Type 1 diabetes. This results from absolute inability of the body to produce insulin, hence it has to be supplemented from outside. If the disease is properly understood and both the patient and caregiver is trained then it should never be problem to keep her sugar levels controlled. Only when it is uncontrolled do complications set in. PLEASE TAKE ENOUGH CARE TO UNDERSTAND THE THINGS TOLD BY YOUR DOCTOR AND FOLLOW THEM STRICTLY.
Dietitian & Nutritionist Ms. Ketki's  Response

Diabetes is possible to control . its not a sudden death.

Don't worry, dear ! how much you can understand and follow will certainly decide quality of life of patient.

1.Do meet dietitian and diabetic educator.
2. follow proper diabetic diet
3. medication has to be taken at right time ; with rt dosage !

for any help / queries contact;

Anonymous's Response

Diabetes is a disease that affects how the body uses glucose a sugar that is the body's main source of fuel. When you eat, Glucose from the food gets into your bloodstream, your pancreas makes a hormone called insulin, which helps the glucose get into the body's cells, and your body gets the energy it needs. Diabetes can affect any age, she might be having Type1 diabetes which is known to occur in early age also. She needs proper treatment and continuous follow up. Death is not due to diabetes but due to complications resulting from uncontrolled states. So make sure that sugars are well controlled.