Diahrrea/Severe Gastritis. what may be causing it? Could she have a stomach virus ?

Hello, my mother has been taking Omeprazole and many antiacids to control her severe gastritis for years, but now she has been having diahrrea starting from two weeks ago and it is killing her. Please, what can she do to stop the diahrrea and what may be causing it? Could she have a stomach virus ? Does it last longer than 2 weeks ? Perhaps it is caused by the medication she is taking? Please help! I need answers. She is growing weaker everyday. We ve been to several doctors who have said she has gastritis and give us mild antiacids and the like to control the flow of acid in her stomach, but that hasn t stopped the diahrrea! If someone can help, please answer, I appreciate it. Thank you.
Asked On : Tue, 6 Jul 2010