Diagnosed with vesicoureteric reflux. Treatment? Diagnostic tests? Surgical intervention?

My 22 month old boy had his first UTI at 3 months old and was diagnosed with left kidney grade 4 and right kidney grade 2 vesicoureteric reflux. He has been on long term bactrim ever since. No more UTI's have been diagnosed. His latest ultrasound showed: left kidney diminutive size (no growth since 3months old) length 4.2cm. Significant scarring of parenchyma in interpolar region, reduction of parenchyma to 3mm.
Right kidney generalised increased echogenicity, good preservation of parenchyma 6.1cm length.
What would you suggest for ongoing treatment, diagnostic tests for function required cystatin c, creative etc and surgical intervention.
Asked On : Fri, 29 Mar 2013