Diagnosed with vertical diplopia after a sports injury. Low BP. Took Dolobid. Is it safe to take?

I was diagnosed with vertical diplopia following a sports injury involving a blow to the head last week. The symptom is mild and comes and goes and probably will subside within the coming weeks. Still, I have to do a lot of reading and computer work and it is achy keeping one eye shut all the time. I am 65, low BP , no edema , no hx of heart disease. I have a few Dolobid left over from dental surgery last month. I took one yesterday and within an hour the diplopia went away. I took another today and still no recurrence. I only have a few left. A friend who is a physician got anxious about me taking it and said it was off the market because it is like Vioxx? I am not taking this chronically. Do I have reason to worry? I really could use an anti inflammatory apparently.
Asked On : Wed, 16 Jan 2013