Diagnosed with varicocele in right testicles, slight pain. Can I delay in surgery?

hello doctors, i am 22 years old. i was diagnosed to have varicocele in my right testicle for 3 years. it has slighty pain but it was tolerable. My doctor advised me that i can have surgery after marriage. My question is, can i have surgery after 5 years from now or after 10 years from now as my doctor advised me? thanks :) i can tolerate the pain, the pain is 4 out of 10. (10 is the most painful) thankyou! :)
Asked On : Sun, 13 Jan 2013
Urologist 's  Response
Jul 2016
Hello Mr.Richard
Thanks for your query.Based on the fact that you have posted it appears that you have Varicocele on right side and have mild pain on the same side.Your Dr has advised you to undergo surgery after marriage.However i would rather advise you to go for surgery now as there are 30% chances of spermatogenesis on the Right Testicle being affected due to Varicocele.Though you have mild pain now the intensity of pain is likely to increase in future as the varicocele will get advanced over a period of ten years.