Diagnosed with ulcerative colitis. Taking asacol, using canasa suppositories, flagyl. Suggestions?

i was diagnoised with ulcerative colitis in 1997 3 wks ago i started a new thyroid medicine called tirosint 25mcg one daily i began to have stomach swelling so i called my gi and he said to stop it so i did, it and my uc medication (apriso which did nt seem to stop the flare) and 2days later i had a bad flare and the second day i began to get nauseous and have been every since along with diarrhea and bloody stool i started back in my uc medication but ii.m taking asacol 800mg bid and using the canasa suppositorys for the flare please advise...i called the Gi doctor and he said to continue the same regiment and add flagyl bid
Asked On : Thu, 24 Jan 2013