Diagnosed with ulcerative colitis. On azathioprine. Watery stools. Any home remedy?

Hi Doctor,

I have been diagnosed to Ulcerative Colitis since Feb 2010. I had a long flare-up last year until my holiday to Srilanka. I returned from Srilanka End of December and since then my bowel movements had been really good except the mornings (Which I guess usual). I am on Azathioprine 100mg/day.

Since last week, I am having loose motions. They are very watery. I think I had food poisoning last week and since them it became a routine.

Can I use any motion control tablet or try home remedies while continue to use the immunosuppression?

Your consultation on this matter would be very much appreciated as it would ease my pain.

Asked On : Mon, 22 Apr 2013