Diagnosed with type II diabetes. How to gain weight?

Hello. My name is Tracey, Im 47. Diagnosed with Diab 2 in Nov 2012. I was always thin.. never gained much weight. I weighed 99# in High school. I went from 135# last year to 113# NOW. I'm one in a few that wants to GAIN, not lose. I'm very active. Never been pregnant!! Must have inherited this from my Fathers side of Family. (who I don't know).
I want to find things that will help me gain weight?? Can you help?
Asked On : Mon, 14 Oct 2013
Since you have not stated your height,I can not tell you the required weight you should possess.As far as your loss of weight from 135 to 113 is concerned,it was due to uncontrolled diabetes.Once your diabetes is well controlled,you should regain your weight and moreover any substantial weight gain can result in your blood sugar levels go hay wire.
You should take a balanced and proper diabetic diet and do regular aerobic exercises for 45 minutes a day.
Please do discuss with your treating doctor about the required weight at your age and height.
Thanks