Diagnosed with type 2 diabetes, on medication. Intense stabbing pains down right side of head, whooshing sound in right ear. Any ideas ?

Hi I have been diagnosed with type 2 diabetes in August last year and also high by both of which I am on medication for. I have since been experiencing of intense stabbing pains lasting a few seconds down right side of head and also wooshing sound in right ear sounds like sea feels like my internal ear vibrates . I have been for investigations and have been referred for MRI scan and audiologist appointment what do you think this may be . As you can imagine I am worried as my mother passed away with brain tumours some years ago . Thanks
Asked On : Sat, 16 Feb 2013