Diagnosed with type 2 diabetes and high cholesterol. Undergone AIC test showing high triglycerides. Diet suggestions?

I am 30 years of age and have been dignosed for Type 2 dibeties and High Cholestrol problems. In recent lab work, i found that my A1C test gave result 6.0 but my Total Cholestrol is 212 and most because of triglycerides which is 400. I go to gym 3 times a week with 1 hour per day and i am pure vegetarian. Usually, i avoid rice, pasta, and outside food. I am a whole grain favorite. I am not able to understand why my triglycerides is so high even after controlling my diet and my sugar level also.
Please help me to understand.
Asked On : Mon, 22 Apr 2013